What makes my life easier?

15 Aug
Morguefile

Image source: Morguefile

What inventions do you benefit from today? Think about one you carry with you and one at home that makes your life easier. Add your answers to the comment section.

83 Responses to “What makes my life easier?”

1. Sangmin Han August 16, 2016 at 9:25 am #

COMPUTER!!

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Linking to Thinking wrote:

> Mr. Martin posted: ” What inventions do you benefit from today? Think > about one you carry with you and one at home that makes your life easier. > Add your answers to the comment section.” >

• shapur August 22, 2016 at 1:58 pm #

i agree

2. Nathan August 19, 2016 at 9:41 am #

A zip line and stone grinder for a dame

• shapur August 22, 2016 at 2:01 pm #

What do you mean by that?

3. Hayden August 19, 2016 at 9:44 am #

An invention that makes my life easier is a laptop because I can just search for information on the internet instead of going to the library and finding the book or information that I need.

Another invention that makes my life easier is a microwave because instead of heating up the oven I can just turn on the microwave and have my food heated conveniently.

• Mr. Martin August 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm #

Hayden,

Microwaves definitely make our lives easier…POPCORN!

4. Moeno August 19, 2016 at 9:45 am #

1. Water-bottle
    I use my water-bottle to get water so I won’t get dehydrated and rush into the nursery office.

2. Stove
    My parents use stove to cook so we can eat and live.

• Mr. Martin August 19, 2016 at 1:46 pm #

A simple tool or form of technology,, a water bottle. Great idea, Moeno.

5. SIEUN August 19, 2016 at 9:46 am #

One invention from home is phone because we can talk each other.

One invention I use everyday is fridge because make me and my family’s life easier because fridge can keep food fresh.

6. Palani August 19, 2016 at 9:46 am #

One invention I use every day is my laptop.

It makes my life easier because I can learn things, watch videos and play games on the same device.

One invention from home is a salad spinner.

It makes my mom’s life easier because she does not have to hand dry vegetables.

• Mr. Martin August 19, 2016 at 1:19 pm #

Palani,

Great idea with a salad spinner. I find that washing lettuce to be a realy headache. I bought one several years ago.

7. dongmi August 19, 2016 at 9:47 am #

1. Make the robot to help my mom, and me.
    2. Make one book that has every subject in one book so i can bring only one book. that makes me corfortable

• Gus August 19, 2016 at 1:29 pm #

1. can I have one as well.
      2. already done its a computer. = )

8. Irune August 19, 2016 at 9:48 am #

I use a lot books and board games because I’m not bored and I don’t need to use tecnology or/and electronic stuff.
    My mum une a lot her phones because she can contact and write with the driver, nannie and friends. Also she use it for google translate, shopping, reservations for hotels and looking for information on google.

• Mr. Martin August 19, 2016 at 1:49 pm #

Google Translate is a great tool, and I wonder what the future will bring for technology or devices that translate languages. Imagine how it would change our lives and travels. Regardless of technology, I still think it’s important to learn another language.

9. Amy August 19, 2016 at 9:49 am #

WHAT INVENTION DO I USE EVERY DAY?
    one INVENTION is a backpack because it helps me carry every thing.

WHAT INVENTION DO I USE EVERY DAY AT HOME?
    is the refrigerator because it keeps food and drinks cold and fresh.

10. Natalie August 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm #

One thing I use everyday is my phone because I like to listen to music, and I can communicate with people. One thing I use everyday at home is my fridge, it helps me store food and drinks.

11. Shanmugam August 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm #

Out of complete honesty, if I travelled back in time and I could bring an endless supply of things I use, those would be food and electricity . The reason I would bring electricity is not only to have practically endless entertainment, but also to auto-mate things so they do all that farmer work for me . And food, well that’s self explanatory !!!

• seongwon August 19, 2016 at 1:22 pm #

But what does your house use to make it simpler/helpfull

• Shanmugam August 19, 2016 at 1:24 pm #

Yours is my personnel favorite 1!!

12. Finn August 19, 2016 at 1:16 pm #

What invention I use every day!
    I use my computer to write emails and do school stuf

What invention I and my family use every day
    We use our refrigerator every time to leave food cool.

13. Suman August 19, 2016 at 1:16 pm #

My laptop helps me every day because I learn new things,watch videos, and play video games.

My table helps me in home because I can keep my stuff on top of the table.

14. Emi August 19, 2016 at 1:17 pm #

One Invention I benefit from today is my phone because it will help me communicate easier.

Another Invention I benefit from today is a stove because if you dont have a stove than you will have to out on a fire every single time you want to cook or heat something.

• Mr. Martin August 19, 2016 at 1:57 pm #

Emi,

What are all of the apps or ways you can communicate using your phone, other than simply talking?

15. Shandaneh August 19, 2016 at 1:19 pm #

I would carry my phone because I can contact people, and I have entertainment on my phone. Also because its small and can fit anywhere. I would also carry backpack, because I can carry a lot of things in it, instead of having a lot of bags

16. Leo August 19, 2016 at 1:19 pm #

I always carry my laptop and at my house a microwe

• Leo August 19, 2016 at 1:22 pm #

my laptop because it helps me entertain myself and a micro we because I can use food more time

17. seongwon August 19, 2016 at 1:20 pm #

The inventions I use to carry around is my water bottle.This invention are help full because I can carry water anywhere and I don’t need to buy water out side.
    the invention that make our house help full is the refrigerator.This technology is use full because we can keep food for a long time.

• Shanmugam August 19, 2016 at 1:22 pm #

Agreed

18. Shiv August 19, 2016 at 1:21 pm #

One invention I use every day is the refrigerator, it keeps all of my food cold so it wouldn’t spoil.

Another invention I use is a backpack, I use because I don”t want to carry all of my stuff to school by hand.

19. Hakin August 19, 2016 at 1:23 pm #

One invention I use every day is my laptop and it makes my life easier because I can do so many things like the dictionary and many more.

One invention I use at home is my water dispenser and it makes my life easier because I don’t need to boil water.

20. Hyewon August 19, 2016 at 1:23 pm #

One invention I use everyday is computer/phone because I can learn things from computer/phone and we can also watch videos and finally we can communicate by using skype or e-mail.

One invention I use in my house is water purification system because we are able to drink fresh and clean water. And by drinking fresh and clean water, we wouldn’t get any diseases related to dirty water.

• Mr. Martin August 20, 2016 at 8:31 am #

Hyewon,

The water purification system is so important. There are not many places in the world anymore where you can turn on a faucet and drink water from it. So many people seem to drink bottled water. I remember drinking water from the middle of a lake on a canoe trip in Canada once. It was so fresh and clean. On other parts of the trip, we had to filter the water with a simple device to make sure it was clean.

21. Owen August 19, 2016 at 1:24 pm #

One invention the benefits me at home is a refrigerator because we can use it to keep food from becoming rotten.

Another invention that benefits me everyday is my computer because I can use it to be organized and to learn things and to play games.

22. Gus August 19, 2016 at 1:24 pm #

1# Is my ipod because I use it to communicate with people.
    2# Is a fridge because it keeps things cold so they don’t go bad.

23. Akshaya August 19, 2016 at 1:27 pm #

I would bring a water purifier to help purify the water and also I would bring my laptop since I can research and learn more about the history, My water purifier would help me keep healthy and not eat all the germs also my laptop could come handy any time.

24. Clara August 20, 2016 at 8:44 am #

Something carry:
    My locker make me the life at school easier;

Something that would the life of my mom easier:
    A thermomix.

25. Axel August 20, 2016 at 8:46 am #

One thing that helps me is my bag.
    One thing in my house that helps my mom is thermomix.

26. Sanjith August 20, 2016 at 8:47 am #

My maid helps me with lots of things.

• Mr. Martin August 20, 2016 at 9:21 am #

Sanjith, She is not an invention. :>) How does she help you and what does she use (tools, devices, technology, etc.) to make your life better or easier? Think – cooking, cleaning, etc. What does she use?

27. Amelie August 21, 2016 at 1:51 pm #

Something helpful that I carry around with me everyday is my phone. This new invention is helpful because no matter where I go, if I get lost I can simply call my family and tell them where I am. My phone also tells me what time it is so I don’t run late to class. Because it is a mobile invention, I can literally carry it with me rather than having to go to a wire-connected phone booth to be in touch with people.

Something helpful at home was the dishwasher we had in Switzerland. This was a super helpful time-saving invention as it meant we didn’t spend hours washing up. Instead of washing dishes to get allowance, I just had to load and unload the dishwasher. The dishwasher made everything cleaner than anyone in our family.

• Mr. Martin August 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm #

Thanks for the detailed response on why you chose these two inventions. I wish I had a dishwasher, although I actually find it relaxing to wash dishes by hand. I don’t know why, but I actually enjoy it.

28. Gautham August 21, 2016 at 7:15 pm #

One invention that makes my life easier is the flushing toilet because it removes stinky human waste out of the house and into the sewers. Another invention that makes life easier is this blog page, as I can do this homework out of class.

• Mr. Martin August 21, 2016 at 8:20 pm #

Gautham,
      Waste removal was a critically important invention that also helps stop the spread of disease. I hope all the students find this blog page and our Moodle site helpful. Thanks!

29. Arnav August 22, 2016 at 11:11 am #

One invention that I use everyday is my phone because I can talk to people without seeing them in person.
    One invention I use everyday at home is my refrigerator because I can preserve food for weeks, months or even years!

30. Annie August 22, 2016 at 11:12 am #

I think phones are efficient invention for daily and I think refrigerators are also efficient invention at home.

31. Hyeonsu August 22, 2016 at 11:12 am #

My favorite invention is smartphones because I can play games.

32. Sanjeev/Jevenas August 22, 2016 at 11:15 am #

Something that is a revolutionary invention is the fact that I have a portable fire controller at my home (STOVE)

33. Hannah August 22, 2016 at 11:16 am #

What makes my life easier is my locker and my pack bag because I put my important things in my locker and pack bag.

34. E.J. August 22, 2016 at 11:18 am #

1. Computer: A computer helps me do school work and I also use it at home while I play video games homework etc……

2. Phone: A phone helps my parents do school work it helps them communicate and it helps us to get around etc…..

3. Bowl: The bowl helps me eat because of its round solid shape I can eat cereal

MR.Martin ROCKS

35. Paula August 22, 2016 at 11:19 am #

One thing that I use to make my life easier is a refrigerator because it keeps your food cold so it dosent rott.

36. Annie August 22, 2016 at 11:20 am #

I think phones are efficient invention because, First of all you could communicate with others faraway from you. Second,if you have a wifi connection you could surf the internet and watch videos or links.Lastly, you could download apps,such as games,selfie taking apps and much more. In conclusion,I think they are very useful invention for me.

37. Annie August 22, 2016 at 11:22 am #

I think refrigerators are also efficient invention at home because, First of all you could keep the food from going bad. Second, you could keep your food refreshing and chill. Lastly,you could keep food for a longtime by freezing them. (You could also make ice) In conclusion,I think they are very useful invention at home.

38. C H R I S T I A N ;) August 22, 2016 at 11:23 am #

What helps me to make life easier is my I-pad because it helps me relax and it’s fun to use. MY bed because it’s really comfy.

39. Mayu August 22, 2016 at 11:25 am #

One invention I like to have is a laptop. Because I can search something if I do not know.

The second thing that I would like is a map. It can help me if I got lost somewhere.

40. Tomoyasu August 22, 2016 at 11:26 am #

What helps me to make life easier is money because if I have money, I can do lots of thing

41. Ava August 22, 2016 at 11:29 am #

A invention that makes life easier is the light bulb. Even though I do not carry this around, I still use it everyday to do my homework, to read and write. The light bulb was invented by Thomas Edison and is the most commonly used source of light in a house. Without the light bulb, we would have to use candles and kerosene lamps.

Another invention is the airplane, invented by the Wright brothers. The airplane is the most commonly used form of transportation to jump continents. The airplane has had a progressive timeline. When it was created, the flying aircraft was made up of wood and was somewhat of a giant kite and became an aluminum alloy body and engines .

42. Luca B) August 22, 2016 at 11:30 am #

my most loved tool is PlayStation 3 because when I am Down I can play some Plants VS Zombies warfare and a tool that helps my family is me just kidding its my parents phone because it is literally every thing in a phone😉

43. Riley August 22, 2016 at 1:54 pm #

Two inventions that help me in my daily life are my computer and the refrigerator. I benefit with my computer because it always has an answer to reasonable questions and some weird and wacky questions that I put in Google search, it also helps me in school with all the websites that our teachers tell us to use in class, for example moodle, the AISC homepage and many other websites that teachers tell us to use in class. I also use it for entertainment such as youtube and Netflix so when i’m at home I can watch shows. The refrigerator is one of the most important things in my house because it gives us food and drinks to help us survive, without it all of the food who have gone bad and we would starve to death.These and the inventions I can not live without.

44. Florian August 22, 2016 at 1:54 pm #

My favorite invention is the hot tub because it is really refreshing on a cold winters day. Although when you fill your hot tub with cold water it is also refreshing on a really hot day.

45. Dhivya August 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm #

I have a car. A car makes my life easier as it’s a transpirational device that travels on road and can carry a small amount of people. I go everywhere through my car.
    One more thing is my phone. It makes my life easier because I can contact my family memebers, I can google, watch videos and pay games. I can anything on my phone. It’s always with me.

46. Aika August 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm #

A invention I like to have is a iphone.
    I can bring anywhere, and also, we can see a map or dictionary.

47. shapur August 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm #

what makes my life easier is like playing games (educational games) cause sometimes when there is teaching i kind of dose of and then we play an educational games i get focused and the the educational game

48. Seoyoung Han August 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm #

A handkerchief helps my life to get easier because it wipes off my sweats and makes me much more fresher than having dropping of sweats.

49. victor August 22, 2016 at 1:58 pm #

I benefit of car because 5 000 years ago they needed to walked long distance but with a cars it’s go faster .Also I benefit of my phone because If your are far away from family you can talk to them.

50. Seojin August 22, 2016 at 1:59 pm #

I think the pencil case is useful for me, because I can put lots of pens that I need for classes.
    Also, I think smart phone, because we can use most of the websites or call, chat…. something…..