DOT Day

9 Sep

In advisory class today, all grade 6 students did an activity related to The Dot by Peter Reynolds. What does this story mean to you? Do you ever feel like Vashti? How do you feel about starting something new? How do you feel when things seem difficult to do? What is something you would like to improve? How will you “make your mark” on 6th grade? Post a comment, and answer one or more of these questions. Share a story or your opinion on The Dot.  Here are some other links related to the story:

Peter Reynolds website – the author of The Dot

International Dot Day – September 15th is DOT Day

8 Responses to “DOT Day”

1. Rishi September 9, 2014 at 4:17 pm #

I feel frustrated when I can’t figure something and slightly depressed .

• Mr. Martin September 10, 2014 at 4:49 am #

Rishi,

I also feel frustrated when I cannot figure something out, especially a math problem or something like that. I try not let it make it make feel too depressed though. I will ask a friend for help…that’s what friends are for!

2. Aisyah >3 September 10, 2014 at 6:10 am #

Do we have to wear something with dots?

• Mr. Martin September 10, 2014 at 6:31 am #

Good question, I don’t know yet and we will let you know before the end of the week. Last year, many students did and it was fun…very creative ideas!

3. Minki September 10, 2014 at 9:57 am #

Sometimes if I can’t do something I just sit and do nothing just like in the video than sometime I get an idea,

4. Amalija September 11, 2014 at 10:50 am #

Sometimes i get so frustrated i do not want to do it anymore

• Mrs. Hall September 16, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

That’s pretty normal, Amalija. I too sometimes feel the way you do. However, if you ask someone to help, it often makes you feel better and then you can at least try.

5. TSUKIHO September 20, 2014 at 2:27 pm #

I really like this book, and vashti is like me.
    Because when I was small, I didn’t like to draw pictures.
    But when I draw picture and teacher said ”good”,
    I felt I can draw more better than that, and I draw and draw,
    so now, I really like to draw.